Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     04 February 2010

Which have higher legal value?

Which have more legal value ?

Succession certificate or Letters of administration ?

Learning

10 Replies

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     04 February 2010

If possible, send me related citations ...

(Guest)

SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED IN RESPECT OF DEBTS & SECURITIES

LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION IS ISSUED WHEN THE ESTATE OF THE DECEASED INCLUDES IMMOVABLE PROPERTIES. IF ESTATE INCLUDES PROPERTIES OTHER THAN DEBTS AND SECURITIES SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE CANNOT BE ISSUED.

OTHERWISE THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. BOTH HAVE THE SAME LEGAL VALUE

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     04 February 2010

Succession certificate is issued only to successor, while the letter of administration may be issued to any one. Both have legal value respective to their purpose.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 February 2010

Going by the Definition of Letters of Administration, I am of the view that Letters of administration will have more value. Letters of administration means a Letters of authorization by a Surrogate Court or Prpbate Court authorizing  a person called the administrator and if female adminstratrix to manage or distribut the property of a deceased who did not make any such arrangement in his will or died intestate, that is without making a will. And so going by the definition of Letters of Administration it will have more value than the Succession Certificate.As there can not be letters of Adminisrtration if there is a genuine Will.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     04 February 2010

I agree with Assumi Sir.

G. ARAVINTHAN (Legal Consultant / Solicitor)     05 February 2010

Thanks to all my friends

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     06 February 2010

Mr ANIL Kumar Menon is correct.

1 Like

(Guest)

Ramesh sir - Thanks

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 February 2010

In what proportion court fee is to be paid if there are 4 heirs and 2 file for their share in late father's only immovable property i.e. house

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     19 February 2010

N.B. Market value of property - approx Rs.45 lakhs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register