Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Goel   19 September 2020

whether i require to file court case for stolen vehicle.

my car got stolen on 30 June 2020 and police have registered FIR but I don't know the current status and when will I get the final report for insurance claim because police is not replying.i have also filed rti to commissioner requesting for final report .whether I need to file court case also so that I get final report fast or it may slow down the process??

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 September 2020

File an application to the concerned court for status report.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 September 2020

The insurance company can settle the claim only after getting a "Not traceable " certificate from the Police station.   Also, File RTI application and seek such status of investigation from concerned PS.  In some cases, higher authorities in insurance companies have discretion to settle the issue after a reasonable time frame and they will settle the amount in favour of the insurer, if the new vehicle purchased is also insured through them.  Explore such options also.

Application  seeking information under RTI Act dt...20th Sept, 2020

Before:State Public Information Officer, .................PS,................

Fee: Adhesive court fee stamp Rs.10/- pasted herebelow.

Applicant:

Subject on which information sought: FIR No............................dt.....................on theft of vehicle.

Information solicited.:

1.Please provide the material on record that states the follow up action as investigation into the theft of the vehicle No................................ and the time frame required for giving a not traceable certificate for getting insurance claim

Applicant.

Gaurav Goel   20 September 2020

@Dr J C Vashista How do i know the concerned court?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 September 2020

Where ever you have complained and FIR registered, the area Magistrate is the appropriate competent court.. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register