26 April 2008
*Every person engaged in production, repairing or sale of weights and measures is required to obtain license under the provisions of Weights and Measures Act.
* Licenses to manufacturers of Weights and Measures are given by Controller of Legal Metrology, Maharashtra state Mumbai ,while Licenses to the repairers and dealers are issued by divisional Deputy Controllers of Legal Metrology.
The person or institute can apply in appropriate pro forma which are available in concern offices, for obtaining such licenses.
* After scrutiny of the applications the licenses are granted to the eligible applicants. The period of this license is five year and it is required to be renewed thereafter for further period.
* The application for renewal of license is required to be submitted within 30 days before the expiry period of the license. If the application for renewal is not submitted in due time then the applicant is required to pay 50% additional fees along with regular fees for renewal.
* In case the licensee fails to submit his application for renewal within a period of 30 days from the expiry of the validity period of the license, then such license get automatically canceled.
* All applications submitted after due renewal time shall be considered only by Controller of Legal Metrology after payment of 50% additional fees along with regular fees.