LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrikant v. sathe (retired)     21 September 2010

Where to make rti apllication

We, the 25 officers want to go in high court for retiring us at the age of 55 instead of 58.Why it is necessary to approach to advocate for this?Can a government employee tell us in which court we can go?Can I take this information under rti act.and where can I apply?Then advocate can do his business in that court only. Secondly after confirming from government the court will be fixed.Oftenly it always happens that while advocate recommends  high court and case is filed in hc, and after verifying the subject court tells to go in lower court.So it is my endeavour to clear it at once after taking government recognition about conformation of court.Please guide me.

Learning

5 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 September 2010

You challenging the govt., order so y;ou will have to file a writ in the high court.  You need not to go to advocates if you are expert in the legal procedure and in law.  Lower courts have no jurisdiction to entertain such cases.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     21 September 2010

Dear Srikanth Garu,

You have not stated from which state you belong to.

It is not stated which is the status of the employees in the Department of concerned state.

After know this, we can suggest you to which court you have move your application.

I dont know why RTI application is required for getting this information.

If there is suffer with an order from the Government directly, then you can approach the High Court.

Dear Srikhanth garu,

It is already clearly stated in the Service Books to which court you have to approach and those books are available in the markets. So filing of RTI application will be of no use.

They suggest same what i said here if you make an application to Government.

Because, every Government employee is required to know where he has to file the application when he got injustice.

shrikant v. sathe (retired)     21 September 2010

Sir,

We , the 25 retired officers belong to a co-operative bank, in which there is no union.The bank had made the discretion of retirement by its own to retire all the employees at the age of 55 instead of 58 in 2003.In 2010 it had made again  the retiring age as 58 to all.Up to 2002 each officer cadre employee was retiring at the age of 58 and  award staff athe age of 55 +3 years extension observing the medical examination.This was done according  standing order which is unregistered.Now  if advocate suggests writ petition HC may turn it to lower court .So there might occur a huge time lapse. That is why I am asking the RTI querry.Because in government internal law booklet, there must be a chart indicating the reasons, in which court  a person can go. .The standing orders are not appliacabel to us.Although the unregistered standing orders are not applicable to all.Please give your opinion/ advice.

Dear Shrikant garu,

You have not give me the details as asked for in detail to suggest you appropriate reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register