LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Manager)     12 June 2022

Where to lodge fir

For lodging a complaint/ FIR, I went to Police Station where the incidenct occurred.

Duty officer refused to receive complaint / FIR stating that complaint / FIR will be lodged in that PS where I reside.

I went to my native place to lodge a complaint/ FIR, office in charge says that place of occurrence is at very distant place from that police station & at different district. Hence he refused to lodge complain /FIR.

Where should I lodge my FIR ?



 2 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   12 June 2022

File Zero FIR before your nearest Police Station for more clarification you may contact us then I'll elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile ­čô▒ 9198889990

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 June 2022


You can file private complaint in the court. Send your complaint to local police station and commissioner office. Later on approach court and file complaint in court. Court will issue direction to local police station for registration of FIR or you can proceed with private complaint. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query