where to file divorce

My friend is working in Bangalore, but hails from Assam, was married to a boy in Bihar. Can she file for divorce in Bangalore? The couple had lived in Bangalore for few years. Now the husband lives in Bihar. They living separately for 6 months now.

Can she file divorce here in Bangalore?
Retired employee.

Let your girl friend contact the advocate for such grounds of divorce and such reasons and that advocate can guide her the proper jurisdiction if those grounds are adequate for divorce.


ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108

1. Divorce proceedings can be filed ANYWHERE in India, without any exceptions.  However divorce proceedings would not proceed further, IF either of the parties are not present in court during the hearings.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com


She can file anywhere in India.

She can file divorce in 2 format--

1) Mutual   2) By herself

But if she files by herself(no mutual) then she may needs to proved following grounds before court----

1. Cruelty [Husband do cruelty with her]

2. Adultery [Husband has adultery habbits]

3. Conversion [Husband forced/convert religion]

4. Desertion [2 years]

5. Mental Disorder [Husband in unsound]

6. Communicable Disease [Husband have HIV or other communicable disease]

7. Renunciation of the World [Husband leave you and dont want to live married life]

Hope its gives you idea regarding your doubt!

Be happy


Let she issue legal notice to him that seeking divorce by mutual consent if he deny file suit it in Bangalore where she is residing.and seek divorce .



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



IPC Grand Course     |    x