LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep (firm)     07 December 2015

Where to file case for copyright infringement

One of my wife's ex-colleague has copied her PhD thesis and based on the contents copied from the thesis he has published 4-5 research papers in varioud journals and has also guided 1-2 MPhil stuedents also. PhD thesis was based on original research work carried out my wife. Contents presented by him in his research papers are verbatim of my wife's PhD thesis. Where to file the case of Copyright infringement, we reside in Delhi NCR.



 6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 December 2015

Concerned State High Courts are having jurisdiction to fight copy rights infringments

Sandeep (firm)     07 December 2015

Can it be filed in the office of ipr at delhi

Sandeep (firm)     07 December 2015

Can it be filed in the office of ipr at delhi

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     15 December 2015

The Hon’ble SC gave an authoritative Judgement on the issue on 01-07-2015.

Under Sec 62 of the Copyright Act and Sec 134 of Trade Marks Act, the party instituting the suit has the right to file a suit for infringement of a Copyright or a Regd Trade mark in any court within whose territorial jurisdiction the filing party (owner of the Copyright/Regd proprietor/Regd user) carries on its business and keeping in mind the fact that the Plaintiffs have their regional/branch offices in Delhi, the Hon’ble High Court in Delhi would have the territorial jurisdiction to hear, try and adjudicate the suits. 

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     16 December 2015

you can file or apply form for registration then contact with the office of IPR at Delhi. you can get details if you search in Google

Kavya Sreejith   13 May 2020


The following article mentions about the legal remedies in case of infringement of copyright -


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register