LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S. SRINIVASA RAO (Retired)     25 May 2020

Where to complain against delhi state consumer commission?

Our Housing Society filed a complaint about the failure of refund of "Interest Free Maintenance Security" (IFMS) defrauded by the Builder to the Delhi State Consumer Disputes Commission one year back.

RWA  authorized members attended all the hearings without any default.  The Builder is playing all tricks to drag on the case endlessly.  The Member of the Commission (Non-Judicial Member)  does not know even what is IFMS.  It is an open and shut case and the case should have been decided within one month.  After final arguments were over from the RWA side, the Member again wanted final arguments.  He had allowed the Builder to file his reply after the final arguments are over. The Member is behaving like a dictator and is rude with the RWA members. His behaviour is not upto the mark.

Please let us know to whom we have to complain about the Non-Judicial Member and his style of functioning.



 1 Replies

Tirtharaj Basu Ray   09 June 2020

These matters do take time and courts are loaded with cases. Settlement works better when amounts in question are lesser, given the possibility of appeals and time it takes. However if it is about judicial principle, you can always refuse a settlement & ask for deciding the case on merits.
If you are unsatisfied with the decision or conduct of the State forum, you can definitely appeal to the National Commission.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query