LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhilasha (A Student of Law)     14 July 2010

where to complain

in case of incapacity and inaction of government offiicials in any government-related schemes, what actions should be taken?..

where can common people compalin about government officials?

Learning

10 Replies

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     14 July 2010

well you can file application under RTI i.e. right to information why he particular work is not done so far.

or process and procedure for the same.

Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     14 July 2010

If its related to fandamental rights as right of living etc and pepole of large are effected than you can file public interest litigation in supereem court or in high court.

venkatkrishna (AGM)     17 July 2010

Dear Abhilasha   thanks for your  concern,  good.....

One thing I tell you,  the  law and order systam  is  so complicated in inida.  Every step is complicated, the approach process is too complicated.  A ordinary person cannot get justice ,  it is sure.

Fine, Advocate G.A Gagdani suggested  you to file  RTI application to get the  info and  Vinod Kashyap, L.O suggested you that you can file  writ petition before the  High court or Supreme Court.

The procedure to  file RTI  application,  you have to submit  your application as per the  formate  suggested by  the concern  dept only other wise they will not  accept.  Next  it takes 30 days time to reply you,  if you dont get  there is an appeal process..     just imagine  can you leave your day to day important work and run behind  these  offices  to get the answer  from the highly currupted  officers.

The  Next  step Writ Petition,  I dont think you can get   result of the same in your life time,  I dont think  your efforts may help  the next generation because  by  the time  your Writ Petition  is decided there will  be a lot  changes in the system of law.

All our politicians  are  currupt and  they will not  give transparnat  system of Administration to India.  We  are habituated and without  curruption we cannot survive.  It  is  real  fact of  our life.

Please dont think ,   I am   writing under depresion or some thing.  I too  think like you to do  a  lot  but I have  personal experience and  still  witnessing the same  helplessly.

Abhilasha (A Student of Law)     17 July 2010

respected sir,

i dont have any personal experience lyk u..but i can totally agree with u abt the condition..but is there no solution for corruption in governt dept?......

Srinivas (Director)     18 July 2010

RTI, UID, eGov etc are gaint "baby" steps to bring trasparency in the govt on the march to a corrupt free society. It is a long walk and will take toll on many before people can see the fruits.

The only thing that can accelrate the process is a Growing and Vociferous middle class.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     19 July 2010

well someone who is facing corrupt officials have to take steps but problem is we dont want to get into this.

like you can file rti then wait for results

another way of doing it

go and approach anti-corruption department about the same and then take that notes which they provide to the corrupt official then you can achieve results but you have to go behind these someone has to put his all efforts behind this.

it cannot be like that we read the newspaper and say india is full of corrupt officials it has to be we who can make the difference but for that efforts are definately required.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     19 July 2010

what other things you can do there is also option after waiting for results of rti you can refer the rti to high court rather then filing as writ petition.

venkatkrishna (AGM)     19 July 2010

Dear Abhilasha

As opined by Mr.Srinivas and Mr.G.A.Gagdani,  try by filing RTI application.  One thing is clear,  by filing  RTI application  you may  receive reply from them but not solution to your  issue.   There is no grievance redressal  system under  RTI  Act.   For that as suggested by Advocate   Gagdani you have to knock the door of either High Court or Supreme Court.   For that you have to prepare  to meet all expenditure  particularly  the Advocates expenses  for the  top  two courts.

One thing can  / may  give some relief  to you i.e media.  You approach media and  seek their help.  

venkatkrishna (AGM)     19 July 2010

@ GA.Gagdani,   the issue is not on  corruption to appraoch  ACB  to book Govt official.  The  Issue is "incapacity and inaction of government offiicials in any government-related schemes".    To  large extent I may not agree with you, because,  getting justice in  courts  at reasonable time,  with reasonable cost is  impossible.

Adv. Gulammayudin A. Gagdani (LEGAL ADVISOR)     20 July 2010

well there are always controllable and uncontrollable situation in life, one has to cope with what we have.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register