LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Singh (N/A)     26 December 2012

When to launch the book?

I am planning to launch an ebook in some time.. i have a query. The query is that when i launch the book , firstly i will apply for copyright with Copyright office. then after how much months can i launch my book.. i want near to exact time bcoz one need to focus on marketing also.. i.e. expected launch after one applies for copyright.. and what about putting the (c) symbol of copyright.. please advice.
@ second is that can i mention the area of jurisdiction in the book as Indian courts of law. bcoz the ebook distribution is world-wide and any law suite may be filed anywhere in world if i dont mention the ALL DISPUTES SUBJECT TO INDIA JURISDICTION.

Learning

3 Replies

Zafarullakhan M. Pathan (Advocate & Trademarks Attorney)     02 January 2013

Dear,

As per law of Copyright one can apply for registration of copyright before or after the publication of work.  As and when you obtained registration certificate you may be treated as registered copyright owner.

Ankit Singh (N/A)     02 January 2013

Thank you for the response sir. How much time it takes to grant the registration certificate? And one can do it directly or through a consultant.

Zafarullakhan M. Pathan (Advocate & Trademarks Attorney)     02 January 2013

Better to do it through consultant.  Registration depends upon, if there is no query you can get certificate easily, but we can not say about fixed time to get certificate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register