LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Struggle For Justice (Self Employed)     08 November 2010

When to file Cheating case

Dear members, please let me know in which situtations can a 420 case is filed. is this sec 420 regards to money matters only. if some say something and not done now, with this cause can we file a cheating case.

Learning

14 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 November 2010

It is not only for money matter, you can also file cheating cases if you are cheated by the act of the person.

RAHUL KUMAR TAANK (STUDENT)     09 November 2010

AGREE,

Whoever cheats and dishonestly induces the delivery of property shall be punished with an imprisonment, which may extend to seven years, and shall also be liable to fine.  

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     09 November 2010

yes you can.

Struggle For Justice (Self Employed)     10 November 2010

Thanks Bhagat Ji for ur humble replay. please clear this ie when a boy is cheated in the name of love and marriage, in such case this boy can file a case aganist her?

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     10 November 2010

yes he can.

madhav (System analyst)     08 April 2011

Hi arun kumar,

I was cheted by a girl in the name of love and marriage,

she was in love with me for 4 years, she made my parents also to wait.

But after 4 years now she is going to marry othery guy,she didnt allow me to talk to their parents also,i have some proofs like photos, emails and some of my friends.

Now i want to file a case against her, you may feel i am selfish but the truth is i too accepted her decision, i only asked her to be in contact with me atleast on phone. but she refused everything and avoiding.

With out any mistake on part me, she is not at all showing concern.

Please help me to proceed legally. she may or may not marry me after i file a case. but i want justice.

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     09 April 2011

You can not force the girl to marry you. She may cite many reasons to back out. If she has induced you to deliver some properties to her on the promise of marriage then only you can initiate a case of cheating otherwise mere breach of promise without causing wrongful loss or wrongful loss to anyone will not tentamount to cheating. For example if the girl says that she was induced to make physical relation by the boy on the promise of marriage but the boy subsequently did not marry her then it can be a  case of cheating i.e. wrongful loss was caused to her and wrongful gain was achieved by the boy. 

madhav (System analyst)     11 April 2011

But in my case it happened in reverse,

She induced me for physical contact and we had almost 3 years of physical contacts, As i dont want to get her pregnancy till marriage happens i didnt took full chance even though she induced me. i my self warned her not to behave foolish, everything goes good and our marriage will happen.

But atlast she made me fool by leaving me, there is no property type of things named on her for marriage. we had physical contacts in deep except making her pregnant. I have all the photos, emails, mobile bills even i had the photos taken with my family members. To prove the physical contact i only have to proofs like Credit card bill used when we both spent in resort and in worst case the proof i can explain is about her physical structure etc.

Her parents dont know all these things, now she changed her number and not allowing me to talk to her parents, if they come to know all these thing defenately our marriage will happen, even still she likes me but afraid of situations.

If a girl can file a case in such situations why not a boy can do that? why is this uneqal law?

The above are the situations, Pls suggest me some thing to do. Pls apologise if spoken any thing wrong.

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     13 April 2011

File a case u/s 417IPC before your area Magistrate.

pavan (student)     17 April 2011

Hi this pavan i live in Alabama, USA. i have a problem like my roomate is in a scret affair with  a married woman in our same appartment. my roomate and married woman also indians and are friends. But according to our culture affair with married woman is a sin. i came to know about their secret affair by an email sent by her to my roomate i have seen that email when the married woman forgot to sign out off her yahoo mail in my laptop. later i talked with the married woman she agreed her mistake and said dont tell to anyone about their affair it is a sin and if anyones knows they will think bad about  me and everyone knows she will comit suicide. so i didnt said to anyone and after 1 week i came to new jersey as i finished my graduation overthere, i said to my best friends in troy about their affair and sent the email which the married woman sent to my roomate. In fear that whole indian community my know about their affair, my roomate and the married woman discussed how to escape from that affair and said to everyone that they dont know about any email and i created that email. i felt very bad for that they used me to hide their mistakes. now can i file any cheating case on both who blamed me. i have emails sent by her to me that dont say to any one about their affair otherwise  she will suicide.  the married woman has said many thing about their affair when i discussed their secret affair in troy and after comming to New Jersey  they palyed a game and blamed me. i need justice for this. in march the married woman came back to india in fear that everyone may know about their affair, the guy who involved also coming to hyderabad in april so is it possible to file any case in india or else over here in USA.

Arun Kumar Bhagat (Advocate (criminal))     22 April 2011

Court in USA has got the jurisdiction. From the facts narrated,the case will be too weak to succeed.

ZABIULLA (AUDITOR)     29 November 2013

Leave Yar

Khaya, Piya, Sub kuch dekha, 3 saal enjoy bhi kiya, Pls dont mistake me

i am not joking, leave her and forget her, get married with good family

girl and happy, life take many changes in every aspect, whatever is

happen it is all before marriage, the thinking or a bachelore person and married

person makes lot of different. I advise you to go ahead with your new dreams

and plannings

vijay (bussiness)     30 December 2013

hallo sir

ihave cheated by a buyer on agreement of sale. he complete the formalities and then he refuse to pay the amount nor return the original documments how can i file case on him. thank u

Ravi Kanth G (xyz)     15 September 2014

i am a senior software eng....

i AND my family very badly cheated by a person  NAME IS VASUDEV BHASKAR BHARGAV S/O MARUTHI BHASKAR BHARGAV .he claims himself to be a customs officer ..AND HE ALSO CLAIMS THAT HE IS FROM PUNE ,SHIRUR STATE....MAHARASTRA.....HE SAID SO MANY OFFERS ABOUT ....GOLD AND DIAMONDS....AND CHEAPER RATE OF FLATS....ALMOST WE HAVE INVESTED 1 CRORE.. AFTER INVESTING THE AMOUNT AFTER FEW MONTHS WE ASKED ABOUT THE AMOUNT ....AND HE  SAID THAT INSTEAD OF GOLD AND DIAMOND HE WILL GIVE US 2 CRORE AND ALSO SAID THAT INCOME TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WILL COME .....FOR THAT HE NEED 10 LAKHS IS NEED  ....AND ALSO TAKEN TEN LAKHS FROM US AND WE ARE NOW BANKCORRUPT AND WE HAVE SALED OUR HOUSE AND GAVE HIM TOTAL AMOUNT..NOW HE RUNAWAY SINCE FROM 1 YEAR...AND DONT HAVE ABOUT HIS ADDRESS  DETAILS .AND CONTACT NO ...UPTO 2 MONTHS BACK HE WAS IN TOUCH WITH US AND HE WAS SAYING THAT HE WILL GIVE THE MONEY AND HE TOLD THAT IF WE GIVE THE COMPLAIN IN POLICE HE WONT GIVE THE MONEY ......BUT SINCE FROM 2 MONTHS HE IS NOT DOING THE CALLS .DUE TO THIS MY MOM AND DAD WENT INTO DEPRESSION.........LIKE US HE HAS TAKE HUGE AMOUNT FROM SO MANY PEOPLE ..........ABOUT 80 CRORE SCAM HE DID FROM HYDERABAD ONLY.....AND WE ARE HAVING HIS PHOTO GRAPH..... I AM PLACING THE PIC OF HIS.....PLEASE TELL US WHAT TO DO AND WHERE TO FILE THE CASE.....AND WHAT ALL THE CASE TO BE FILED ON HIM....AND HE AS GIVEN US A PROMISARY NOTE ON SOME ABOUT....AND SOME CHEQUES AND SOME CHEQUES WITH A SIGN AND SOME BLANK CHEQUES WITH DATE WITHOUT MENTIONING ANY AMOUNT THAT .....PLEASE TELL US WHAT ALLL THE CASED TO BE FILED ON HIM ....

LIKE US OTHERS SHOULD GET INTO TO THIS TRAP.....MAY HE IS NOW TARGETING OTHER STATE.... I THINK SO...PLEASE TELL US WHAT TO DO.....HOW TO CATCH HOLD THAT BASTERED .....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register