LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mousami (finance)     15 December 2011

When is a case converted to ex party divorce

my in laws have filed a case against me in court. they are not ready to disclose the details fo the same to me.

they say that i ahve been served notices 3-4 times and i have refused to accept the same.

i am not aware which court is the case in nor what are the details of the case.

can they get exparty divorce in this case

what is teh procedure to get the same


 7 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     15 December 2011

U do not know the court, U do not know the case too!

Its not possible to get the air..........But believe me, they have not done something like Ex-Parte

they say that i ahve been served notices 3-4 times and i have refused to accept the same.

.......Common sense, If I have to do something secretly, why I will disclose it 2 u? wait n watch....no panic

mousami (finance)     15 December 2011

but they said that by mistake.

i have been staying separately form my husband for 1.5 yrs now.

i ahd visited them yest to give them the draft for mutual consent divorce

they did not speak of any case till i was about to leave

they accidently said that we to withdraw the case that we ahve filed first then we will sign in MCD

thts when i came to kwn that they ahve filed a case. i asked then for the details but they refused to tell anything.

if they have got a ex party divorce i ahve no issue bcoz its good for me too.

please tell me what is the way a case is converted to exparty


Find out under which court's juridiction the residence of you husband is...and then find the same in the Registrar's office of the family court or in the Registrar's office of the District judge or Addl District Judge.

In case they get ex-party and you are intimated and you are not satisfied with the judgement...appleal in the higher court within 30 Days.


mousami (finance)     15 December 2011

he stays in ambarnath.

there is no family court in ambarnath, ulhasnagar or kalyan.

should i check in all three courts

they said the case is going on for a year now. does that mean they have alredy got exparty


Go to the district judges registrars office..you will find it there...

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     15 December 2011

There is no chance to file a case in any other city except your place or your husband's place.  Search the case register in the court.  You will get the detials.

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     15 December 2011

do not worry .... if they have filed a case .... then a summons is bound to come to ur address from the court ...... without serving of summons to u there can be no ex-parte orders from the court ...... even if an ex-parte order gets passed by mistake or through the slyness/misrepresentation to court by ur in-laws without u  getting the suumons .... u can always apply for setting aside the order on the grounds of non -serving of summons ....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register