LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish (Associate)     12 January 2014

When i can file divorce

I am 24 yrs old and working in a e-commerce  company, I got married on May 2013.  Before marriage they said their daughter is graduate but even she can't write her name properly. Now they threatning us for they will file case for dowry. I have tried to adjust myself as we can live but on every week she does new incident like start crying like kid and because of this all neighbours come to ask what happened when notthing happened to her. Even I tried to consult with  doctor and as per doctor few signs of pschyo. Please suggest me what to do actually i want to separate from her.

Learning

3 Replies

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     12 January 2014

Dear querist, Atleast you can't file divorce or judicial sepration till one year since solemanisation of marriage. After that you can file divorce or judicial sepration on the ground of her unsound mind.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     12 January 2014

Dear querist, Atleast you can't file divorce or judicial sepration till one year since solemanisation of marriage. After that you can file divorce or judicial sepration on the ground of her unsound mind.

Anurag Tiwari (Lawyer)     12 January 2014

For filing either divorce or judicial separation, one year separation between husband and wife is indispensable. You can file divorce once you complete one year while living separately from  your wife.  write to me for further query at anurag.adv@gmail.com. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register