Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ahana Majumdar (-)     23 September 2019

when education is only money making 'Business', what to do as a student to get relief?

I am student of LL.M (2018-2019) batch from Amity University, Kolkata. It is 1year regular post graduate course. First of all my admission was a late admission and within 40-45days I had to sit for 1st semester examination, meanwhile I had to face low attendance for their fault. I got average pass marks in 1st semester and again I had to sit for improvement exam otherwise they will not issue certificate but in the time of admission they did not mention such provision. Again I had to pay Rs. 7000/- more for seven subjects to sit for supplementary examination. Day before yesterday without any notification they have published the result, and unbelievably there are no changes of marks in each and every subject and even SGPA is also same. Now within one day after publishing the result they have given notice for rechecking at Rs.500/- per subject thus I have to pay now more Rs. 3500/-. And if rechecking fails to meet the expectation then again I have to sit for the examination by giving 7000/- again. Even intentionally they had not given attendance after attending the classes properly, although they created problems for 2nd semester but I got 1st class marks. It is to be noted that 45% of total student in my class suffering from same situation. no changes in their result also and they have to pay for more and more money. And Amity doesn’t return back the security deposit money Rs.20000/-. They don’t value for the effort and as well as for the money. We tried to contact the HOD and other teachers of the department but they don’t even think to response.
So, I request you experts, Please suggest me the way to get rid from this situation. Thank you in advance.


 5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   24 September 2019

U may file w.p before honourable high court and may seek relief

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     24 September 2019

You should file a writ peetition along with other students to get the university policy set right. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 September 2019

First file RTI Application and get certified copies of answer sheets as record for further remedy.

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     24 September 2019


I am happy that you have tried to raise concern as a LL.M.student in one of the privately run university.Your post suggests that, the instituition is turning a deaf ear to your concern as a student and the management  jollyfully keep on having their say unilaterly on matters concerning hundreds of similar students in different streams .

Before joining any such ednl. institution, one has to be very careful of the governing rules, course fee, course timing, affiliating agency and standard operating practice professed in similar institutions.

Now, tell me have you gathered sufficient info. with the help of your student colleagues on the points raised by you and ptactices followed by similar institutions as well as affiliating agencies. As a LLM student , if you gather such info. and analyse the same vis-a-vis the manner in which your university handles such issues, you can very well come up with a strong representation addressed to appropriate quarters in a combined manner for properredressal of your grievances and ensuring that the hard earned money invested in your study & valuable time devoted to it is safeguarded.

Ahana Majumdar (-)     24 January 2020

Thank you Experts for your valuable advices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register