Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

what will be religion of children?

Page no : 2

drparasjain (practice)     10 November 2010

There is a precedent. I don't have the citation right now. This happend in case of a Jain Monk renouncinfg world as a child.some of the wll known Jain priets were from other community. The summary of those decision is :

1. Welfare of the cahild is paramount

2. faith can not be imposed on the child

3. If child has independent thinking ability  view of the child will be taken into account.

Simlar precednts are more or less use in the case odf custody of a child to estranged parents. As a normal rule mother gets the custody of an infant . But execlptions are made keeping the above principles in mind/

hedevil hydraheaded (non professional )     10 November 2010

Thank you Dr. P Jain. Can you please post this citation in this thread? 

Pramod rajasekhar (Centre Head)     29 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Iam a Hindu(Menon) from  Kerala.I have two children( 7 year boy and 5 year old girl) born to a Latin Christian lady with whom I didn't have a legal marriage. We lived together for some period but due to the adamant character of this lady I had to live separately .My children lived according to Hindu culture as long as they were with me. Recently I  married   a Hindu lady with whom Iam living normally. 

A case is pending for my children's custody in the family court. The children like me very much, but since they are not with me  they are threatened by their mother not to come with me. Recently she baptized them to Christianity without my consent.

I cannot agree to this conversion to Christianity of my children.Is this conversion legal or illegal? Can I take legal action and get the custody of my children on this grounds?

Pramod rajasekhar (Centre Head)     29 May 2012

Dear Sir,

Iam a Hindu(Menon) from  Kerala.I have two children( 7 year boy and 5 year old girl) born to a Latin Christian lady with whom I didn't have a legal marriage. We lived together for some period but due to the adamant character of this lady I had to live separately .My children lived according to Hindu culture as long as they were with me. Recently I  married   a Hindu lady with whom Iam living normally. 

A case is pending for my children's custody in the family court. The children like me very much, but since they are not with me  they are threatened by their mother not to come with me. Recently she baptized them to Christianity without my consent.

I cannot agree to this conversion to Christianity of my children.Is this conversion legal or illegal? Can I take legal action and get the custody of my children on this grounds?

saurav (airman)     25 July 2012

Sir

I was hindu. Fell in love with a christian girl. To get marry she insisted to get converted.. so I made a affidavit and submitted in church and got converted to christian.We got married also in the church.  But after sometime i realised that it is not possible for me to change my faith. So i Started back following Hind religion. But legally i have not declared it. So my question is that to practice back my original religion also i need to make affidavit...is it possible legally.. What would be the religion of our children...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register