LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muniraj123 (as)     14 November 2023

What to do when any atrocity made by any public again advocate

Hi I am new to this forum.

One of my friend is Advocate and he recently did his enrolment in BCA.

While supporting one of his Neibour, a lady who was fighting with his friend, who is also his neibour held this young lawyer's shirt and was just about to thrash him. However, somehow we managed to stop her, but she continued to abuse him. In this situation, he has no fault, but he was just trying to help his friend, who is his neighbor, but the lady who got angry for the support seems to have taken revenge against him. We could not take any video as it occurred in a span of a few minutes and was not expected. Most importantly, he kept calm as she was provoking him to do something against her to put him in a guilty state as she was a woman.

Now the question is, can this atrocity by the women fall under the Advocate Protection Act or Bill (sorry, I read about this sometime ago in a news paper) and push the local police to file an FIR against her? If not what other options does he has? we can support him as we were eye witness to the incident. 


 4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     14 November 2023

Your lawyer friend must done his medical from govt hospital and obtain the medical certificate and then  report to the police stating everything in writing what happened with him when he was intervening a fight between the neighbours, the act of the neighbour's lady who trashed him , abused and threatened him , it's a serious offence police will register it u/s 323 , 504,506 IPC , you and other neighbours were the eye witness of the said fight  .

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2023

Whether advocate or other person, since he was assaulted and abused, he can very well lodge a criminal complaint against her and get a FIR registered for the offences she had done against him.


Muniraj123 (as)     15 November 2023

Thanks for respose sir. Is doin medical from govt hospital and obtain the medical certificate is madatory? Because, although she attempted to thrash him, there is no physical wound or anything as such. She did abuse and threatened him though.


P. Venu (Advocate)     18 November 2023

The facts posted suggest a trivial issue and it is not worth pursuing in a criminal action. Such an action could even be counterproductive.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register