Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What to do if some lawyer fail to get justice?

Some lawyers promise moon to their clients and charge fee heavily but fail to get justice to their clients.

Is not that a case of cheating and betrayal by the lawyer?

What can be done against such type of lawyer?

Learning

12 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 July 2017

@ Jigyasu,

1. You are anonymous author and anonymous person(s) are not entertained on this platform.

2. What is the dispute/problem and your locus to it?

3. You will agree this site is created for helping out needy litigants whereas you have posted topic for debate, isn't it?

4. LCI Admin is requested to filter and remove such query/author.

1 Like

(Guest)

no advocate can PROMISE you a confirmed judgement or justice.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     30 July 2017

This is not cheating or misrepresentation and nothing can be done. So relax, Pl. do not take "PENGA".

1 Like

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     30 July 2017

Some lawyers promise moon to their clients and charge fee heavily but fail to get justice to their clients. Is not that a case of cheating and betrayal by the lawyer? What can be done against such type of lawyer?

M/s..JIGYASU... if one who pays heavily, has the Good/Real/Genuine case?. Definitely not. first the aggrevied person has to make sure that, he has good case or not. Then only the aggreived person has to contest the case in court either as Plaintiff or Defendant.

(Guest)

Respected Dr. Vashista ji,

I have tried to saisfy your observation against another query at the other thread:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/What-can-be-the-major-causes-of-heavy-delay-in-judgments-152334.asp

Hope you would like to check the same and enlighten me if not satisfied on any count. Also please advise me if the point raised by me is not genuine.

(Guest)

Azhagananth

Your observation, "if one who pays heavily, has the Good/Real/Genuine case?. Definitely not. first the aggrieved person has to make sure that, he has good case or not. Then only the aggreived person has to contest the case in court either as Plaintiff or Defendant," makes me feel as if according to you the lawyer can be absolved of not getting fully convinced about the fulfillment of his requirements from his client, like documents, evidence, proof, eyewitnesses, etc., before he files the case on behalf of his client in the court of law. In other words, do you mean to say that a lawyer's duty and responsibility is over, if he files the case on the basis of whatever junk his lawyer produces before him and don't make his client know the shortcomings or additional requirements of the case?

I don't think you would deny the fact that a client is a layman, while a lawyer is qualified and well experienced to be expected to guide his client and make his  requirements fulfilled from his client before filing a case.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     30 July 2017

first upload your case judgment... let myself and rest of members be placed, the "Real issue" involved in it..

(Guest)

@Azhagananth

Are you sure judgments can reveal the secrets of the non-fulfillment of the lawyer's promise of winning or instances of cheating or betrayal, if any?

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     31 July 2017

"first upload your case judgment... let myself and rest of members be placed, the "Real issue" involved in it"

@ JIGYASU , If you are not ready to show the myself and members the Real Issue involved in it, Doubt of Genuine arise on your part too.. this platform is for providing Legal service/assistant/advise  to the public. Since the advised seeked was against the Advocate, we can't help you unless we too find fault on that side.

If you are really affected then why can't show your grievance with full facts and records. If we satisifed surely we will give you proper guidenance and remedy to the future.

(Guest)

Mr.

Azhagananth,

You have again asked to upload case judgment, upon which I had already replied, "Are you sure judgments can reveal the secrets of the non-fulfillment of the lawyer's promise of winning or instances of cheating or betrayal, if any?"

But you have not replied my query.

Your assumption is wrong, when you say, "Since the advised seeked was against the Advocate." IT SEEMS YOU HAVE NOT READ MY QUERY PROPERLY. I have not asked advice against my lawyer. VERY CLEARLY I HAVE MADE A MENTION ABOUT PROMISE OF SOME LAWYERS by asking "Some lawyers promise moon to their clients and charge fee heavily but fail to get justice to their clients."

For your kind information, I am not affected at all.

Now, if you really have any factual information to reveal in response of my query that is well and good. Otherwise, any evasive response may not give any real credit to your person, except raising your score by 3 points at the LCI.

1 Like

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     31 July 2017

so it is clear that you will not speak out openly.. it may be your or your neighbours.... unless and until you place it open... we can not help either you or affected person..

Speaking up of points..

Think I  wasted my precious time... 

(Guest)

Mr. Azhagananth,

At first you have the need to make your own understanding clear. Whatever I have spoken, I have spoken out openly and frankly. As, I have already proved above, you do not seem to have even basic understanding to know what is what can be the real issue and how to tackle that. You just jumped to respond even before understanding the basic requirement of the issue, as spelt in my query. I can very well assume from the tendency of responses that you would have been accepting cases from your clients even before understanding their real issues.

You have time and again asked to upload the judgment. That makes clear that you don't even know that the judges in their judgment don't spell out that any of the failing lawyer had charged the hefty fee by promising his client to get justice for him.

Of course, your response made me aware of four main reasons about failure of some lawyers to get justice for their clients and these can be:

1. Lack of basic understanding of some lawyers about the issue before accepting the cases;

2. Inability of some lawyers to get the things cleared about evidence from their clients to make some sense for fighting the case;

3. Not educating client to first create adequate evidence in support of his case with the apparent fear of the lawyer to lose the client, if asked a difficult and time consuming task to him; and

4. Probability of greed of the lawyer not to let the client be lost if gets an impression in his mind about lack of understanding on the descripttion of the client.

2 Like