FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NAVEEN ARICHWAL (Senior Resident Emergency medicine)     29 December 2013

What to do if police does not take action after filling fir

A FIR was lodged in Economic Offence wing in Faridabad against a Builder M/s Era landmark Ltd (now Adel Landmarks project Ltd)  on 4th May 2012 under section 120B/406/420.

Till date no action has been taken against Defaulters and no report of Investigation done by Police in Faridabad , has been given, i.e. the police is doing cover up because of Crony Capitalism.

Hon.SC has made it compulsory for filling FIR in Cognizable offence, But what after that?

What should a Victim do in such a situation ?



 4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 December 2013

The victim should apply (in writing)to the Court for further direction, even then if no action, file a writ petition before Punjab & Haryana High Court

Advocate.S.A.Siddiq (Advocate)     29 December 2013

File writ petition against  police official

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     29 December 2013

1. Are you sure that you have lodged F.I.R. or you have lodged complaint only & the police official has given you the G.D. No..?


2. Send copy of the said complaint to the local S.P. & file an application before the Court praying for direction upon the police to investigate & act based on your said comaplaint,


3. Police will act now.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2013

If a FIR was registered, your will be knowing the crime number, what is the online status of the FIR?, If the EOW Police is not effectively handling the case and appears to be collusion with the accused, next step is to approach the District Superintendent of Police with a copy of the complaint for an expeditious action or for a direction to the said police to take appropriate action, even if the Dist. SP's Office is lethargic and not cooperating, then you may approach the court of JMFC  seeking direction to direct the concerned police for initiating the legal action expeditiously.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query