Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritwik (IT)     12 September 2017

What steps can be taken to restore access of my child

My wife, is not allowing me to access my 5 years old son. We are in a marital discord, but living in the same house. Since last couple of days, she either keeping the child in closed door or when taking outside, physically resists me to access my son. She being a woman, I am restraning from applying any force. I called, but they yet to respond. What steps may I take immediately to restore access of child.


 3 Replies

Moxit Shah   12 September 2017

file application before concerned court through advocate for access to your son. Moxit Shah 9913945154

Ritwik (IT)     21 September 2017

Since my son's vacations are going to start from tomorrow, it is highly likely that she will take my son and will go to her parental home. And then, will not repsond to any of my calls, SMS, forget allowing to meet him. If such a thing happens, may I lodge a missing person report for my son in the police station? Would police take action and order them to turn me son up in front of me?

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     22 September 2017

Police may refuse to take action saying that it is a family matter, resolve it amongst yourself or worse still, ask you to go to Court.  

The kind of situation you are in, the best next step forward is to file a case seeking custody of your son and access after your wife goes to her parental home. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads