25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.J. MISHRA (Legal Manager)     05 October 2010

what sought of action to be taken

please advice on the following

that i m working as legal officer in one of the shipping company. the company manages the ship by providing manpower on contract basis to the ships. one of our master appointed for one of our manage ship collide the ship at Singapore, the ship is not an indian registered ship. master is an indian citizen. now the whereabout of the master are not known. he has sold his house, he is not using his email. notice was send at his parents (he does not reside there) house in pondicherry, but still he has not replied, can we file private complaint or he can be prosecuted under some other law please let me know what sought of action could be taken.

thanking you


 2 Replies

junaid s.shabwany (lawyer)     05 October 2010

you can file a private complaint before the concerned court.

venkatkrishna (AGM)     19 October 2010


While recruiting the said Master in to the job, you might have taken  some reference from his side. Try to contact them.  Next  put  a public notice  in local  news paper  with his Photo as well as  in the magazine  of  shipping  companies about his  unauthorised absence and  absconding.    If  you  appoint him  through a  contractor,  issue notice  to contractor  becuase  you are paying  to the contractor  also.  If you appointed him directly  under the terms and conditions of the appointment letter  you have  to show his  termination in record  by  proper  procedure and you  have to  publish  his termination  for safety of your companhy.

As suggested by Mr.Junaid  file a  private complaint also.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query