LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What should we will do if judge behaving as a feminist?

Page no : 2

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 December 2017

Any meaningful suggestion could be only on the basis of facts and merits of the case, not the emotional overeaches or preconceived notions.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2017

Originally posted by : Vijay Raj Mahajan
First you don't land up in jail under the DV Act just like that unless you infringe the protection order made under the Act against you. The Protection order is made to prevent you to go near your wife or/and child due to your previous acts of domestic violence.

As far paying maintenance for child is concerned that you have to pay as you being natural parent is supposed to do so, maintenance of child is responsibility of both parents so best don't defend or resist maintenance of child even if the child remains in physical custody of mother, you should seek order for visitation of child under the Guardians And Wards Act simultaneously.

As far the maintenance for wife is concerned that she can claim and get if she has no means to maintain herself and is short of finances for reasonable lifestyle she enjoyed while living with you.

The right to residence for wife is another right you have to provide her, you are ready to keep her with you but for some reasons she refuse, the court will study those reason and if those reason are reasonable and acceptable you will be asked to provide independent place of residence at your cost for your wife otherwise her relief for separate residence will be dismissed.

You need to engage experienced and competent lawyer to handle your cases and guide you in proper manner, but some reason you have engaged very inexperienced lawyer/advocate not handling your case properly.



Agreeing with the views I willadd that gooing to Jail will not resolve your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register