Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogesh (will tell you later)     28 April 2009

What should I do ( Reg objections at filing Counter at CAT)

Dear Sir/ Friends

I have filed an application (Service matter) in the filing counter of the CAT and I was informed that the application is not in format as prescribed in the format .However I filed them in accordance with the rules but the same was returned to me and I was to write the headings over each paragraph such as limitation,jurisdiction,,grounds,relief,interim relief. What I think that the same was done in intentional manner as the such rules are not there in other courts .I have corrected the defects as advised by the clerk/assistant .If such person keeps on pointing out such trifling defects what will be the remedy left for me ? Please help me

Learning

4 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     01 May 2009

Since CAT folows a specific model in which the applications needs to be filed, you have to comply with the same. You can file a Clean Copy in case there are so many corrections. If all the defects pointed out are rectified and inspite of the same, if the registry is not numbering the case, you can make a mention before the Bench about this. 

yogesh (will tell you later)     02 May 2009

Sir,

Whether Hon'ble bench will hear the matter directly on the same issue? I don't think as the Hon'ble bench will hear only the listed matter which have been send to them by the Registrar.

Please inform what kind of procedure that needs to follow so that it will come to their knowledge

Regards

Sarveshwar Mehrotra (Practising Lawyer)     06 May 2009

Dear, 

with the matter listed there may also be application listed everyday which are heard, try finding information about it

Prabhat Kumar (Advocate)     08 May 2009

just try to understand that the person sitting at the counter is not sitting to harrash you or other litigants, he is simply try to follow the rules prescribed in the rule book.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register