LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandeep Jagtap   11 June 2024

what remedy is available if any SDM is not delivering any order within one year

I have registered an ROR appeal in SDM against Tahasildar and Talathi in the month of July 2023.
It's June 2024 now and still the matter is not heard by SDM.
Is there any remedy to tackle this ?


 2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     11 June 2024

You have mentioned RoR and Talathi, local connotations, which require research work to understand facts posted and oblige, it is better to use proper terms used Indian verson, if not universally used terms.

If SDM did not pass any order on appeal, you have the only option to request / expedite him / her and / or file a writ petition under Article 227 of the Constitution of India through a local prudent lawyer.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 June 2024

As rightly suggested by expert Dr Vashistha Sir, you may file a writ petition seeking direction for an expeditious trial.

But remember that this type of delays are common in the execution courts, hence you personally follow it up regularly and frequently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register