Share More

What proof is needed to convict of theft

Page no : 2

(Guest)
Who paid the cab fare? U or him?

(Guest)
Did u pay off the cabbie or did he?

(Guest)
N yes. If ur traveling by Ola cab u can write to them if u hv cab no. If u hv Twitter A/c plz tweet 2 them. U can mention that u lost a wallet, but describe it first. Car registration no& driver name must hv come on either u or ur friend's cell no as SMS. If wallet has fallen down they will return it to the address u give them. For further query u can contact me on given email ID Regards Advocate Kaybee

Rashi   10 October 2017

I paid by my card. And I don�t know about him. You didn�t answered did he also has to prove that no one entered the cab after me

(Guest)

who got off the cab first? you or him?

(Guest)

@Rashi

He has to prove that no one entered the cab after both of you boarded it. It is for you to prove that the incident occured either before you boarded the cab, or after you had paid off the cab and left him to pay his amount off.

(Guest)

@Rashi

You got off the cab first, right? He was paying the cab driver at time you got off from the cab? Or not? Where were you at time he was paying the cabbie? And how did he pay the driver?

Rashi   13 October 2017

How will I prove that the incident happened before he boarded the cab or after I deboarded the cab.

Pawan S (Advocate)     13 October 2017

Rashi, You are thinking too far.

The proof of burden lies on the prosecution. If he is blaming that you have theft his wallet, then he has to show, whether he was carrying a wallet or not. And the wallet is with him, when he boarded the cab, which is hard to prove. He has to prove all his allegations before you defend yourself.

Stay calm, nothing will happen.

Rashi   14 October 2017

How will he prove that wallet was with him before he boarded the cab.And what else needs to be proved for conviction

Pawan S (Advocate)     15 October 2017

He also need to proof, that the wallet was with him at the time of boarding.

Someone carries a wallet at the time of leaving the house, but the wallet may lost before the boarding. Consider this time gap.

(Guest)
Ms. Rashi

(Guest)

Ms. Rashi

(Guest)
Ms. Rashi If o38

(Guest)

Ms. Rashi

Please do not worry. Court cannot convict you until and unless your friend is able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that his wallet was with him at the time of boarding the cab. Please do not get scared. Just because his wallet is lost does not establish theft on your part, like I have already explained. The wallet could have fallen outside his pocket before he boarded the taxi or even afterwards. Onus is on him to prove that the wallet was with him beyond a reasonable doubt. Until and unless he can prove the same, you are perfectly safe.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register