LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

freedom123 (IT)     17 June 2024

What precautions should husband take if living with a vicious wife who is likely to file false cases


My marriage is going through a bad phase. My wife is vicious, dominating and wants to control every aspect of life. She wants all the benefits of marriage without taking any responsibility. She is exceptionally well-qualified, working and has a very very good salary (certain lakhs per month). There is severe marital discord in my case with loss of affinity and emotional connect due to this. There are no overt fights but she often creates scene/drama while asserting her domination. There are no complaints or cases against me yet or any threats of them. We are still living together in rented apartment. I am anticipating that she may file false cases from her (498A, DV, 125 etc) in future. My questions are


1: What precautions/steps should I take at this stage to safeguard myself against any future false cases?

2: Should I install CCTV's in non-private areas of our apartment to record any drama/scene she creates?

3: Should I start living separately from her in another rented apartment? Will this backfire?

4: Should I record videos/audio of her verbal statements and unreasonable things she shays?



 7 Replies

Sumalya Chakraborty (Advocate )     18 June 2024

You can lodge a complaint on the basis of mental cruelty to your local police authority and make them privy on the issue that you can be falsely charged by your wife. Also you can file a divorce petition against your wife and live seperately. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     18 June 2024

Discuss and sort out issues amicably.

Qualification and amount of salary earned by wife are secondary in married life.

However, if you are unable to convience her for leading peaceful matrimonial life, part your ways with mutual consent.

Krishna   18 June 2024

At this stage you can't take any steps to prevent your wife filing the cases. Try to gather video, audio evidence to show your wife behaviour which will be helpful to defend your cases

freedom123 (IT)     18 June 2024

Thank you

But can somebody please respond to specific questions asked by me? 

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 June 2024

May be, your wife may have a different version to inform. The only precaution possible is availing of professional counselling.

The posting suggests no legal elements.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     19 June 2024

Indian laws do not provide protection (in anticipation) which may be put into motion only after some (particular) happening / incident. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 June 2024

You can decide about taking suitable steps by discussing at length with a local advocate. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register