Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Binod Kumar Mishra (Government Service)     21 January 2010

what next can be done

Dear friends,

my friend is in government service governed by the central government rules. he has some matrimonial disputes and being known to this that the matter is subjudice, the HOD of the said department initiated an inquiry under rule 14 for penalising major penalty.

my friend objected to this vide rule 12(2) of CCS(CCA) Rules that since the HOD is personally concerned with his case, he can't act as disciplinary authority in his case and prefer an appeal to Appellate Authority of the said department but surprisingly the said request has been disposed by the same disciplinary authority and later on the same disciplinary authority has put my friend under suspension pending criminal case against him (a 498-A case was filed by his estranged wife).

later on the EO followed the same path as suggested by the HOD and concluded inquiry ex-parte without disposing of the representation of the delinquent employee.

the delienquet employee later submitted his defence brief and the EO has found him guilty of the offences, which is still pending before supreme court of india. now the HOD has sent the EO report for comments of the charged employee.

the employee prefer an appeal before CAT, PAtna praying for interim relief that the HOD may be restrained to pass any order based on the report of bias EO.

the CAT, PAtna has entertained the application and notice has been issued to government but refused to give the interim relief on the grounds that how we can directed an HOD to pass any order.

the question is now this that whether my friend can prefer an appeal before High Court because after receiving the defence brief of the charged official the bias HOD can passed immediate order for imposing major penalty on him and will make the earlier application of CAT, infructues.

my learned friend can you guide me with suitable remedy as the charged official has to give his defence brief before 1st of february, 2010.

it is very urgent so please suggest with some case laws.

Learning

2 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     21 January 2010

At the outset the entire disciplinary proceedings are vitated in view of the fact that the request of your friend that HOD should not be disciplinary authority is being disposed off by the same person (HOD).  Such request ought to have been heard by an appellate authority higher in rank to that of HOD and the HOD cannot hear/dispose the request.  Hence the entire proceedings is flawed in the beginning itself.  Subsequent proceedings are outcome of the flaw.  Hence as the matter is now pending before the supreme court, I suggest your friend to move an application before supreme court to declare that the entire proceedings are flawed in view of the above and seek to quash the proceedings. 

Ajay kumar singh (Advocate)     24 January 2010

I agree with Mr. R. R. Krishnaa

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register