Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Torch bearer (Educational & Financial Consultant)     28 September 2012

What is the relevancy and importance of pp

Dear All,

I wish to know what is the importance of PP provided by the court in state case to the complainant where not only the courts being shifted very often even Magistrate and PP also changed every now and then, as per my personal exprience in last three months every month the Magistrate is changed on every monthly date and PP is changed twice.  This is the latest experience, however I've been facing this problem since last 18 years. Just to reduce the one of many problems,  I tried to get the advocate from DLSA instead of PP but that is not allowed as per rules of the judicial system. 

PP who are overly occupied with their schedule seems to have no concern for the justice to the complainant.  They don't even bother to check the file in details where they get the file on the day of hearing and in 15-20 minutes he/she take the gist from the file to represent from the side of complainant.  He/she even not bothered to ask anything from the complainant whether the complainant is having any other papers/events or case in any other court which can be referred in the present case.

Should the counsellor/advocate/PP who represents the case on behalf of complainant not be aware of all related things of the case of complainant and should prepare atleast a day before every hearing in consultation with the complainant?  And in our system the complainant has not been provided any way to contact  his/her legal representative to discuss the case merits, moreover the complainant is given surprises of change of court/Magistrate/PP every now and then.

Should there not be fixed one PP throughout the case for the complainant and be allowed interaction between Complainant and PP?

Is 15-20 minutes are enough to understand everything about the case which is only an official task delegated to them but is the question of life for the complainant.?

It is a big question mark on the relevancy of legal aid provided to the complainant in the form of PP which is rather than helping to get justice for complainant  is adding problems in the life of complainant. 

Is there any ray of hope to get justice for the complainant with the existing system of legal aid?????

regards

justice seeker

Learning

1 Replies

Gopikrishna Kalyanam (Lawyer)     28 September 2012

Dear Justice Seeker,

An advocate can be engaged and permission of the Court sought for said advocate to assist the Prosecution.

Best Wishes

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register