LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAGHURAM (CA student)     10 June 2009

what is the punishment for this?

hi i know some people(indian citizens) who have gone to United Kingdom for their education purpose.There students get loans on some credit card basis or on some other basis which i do not know exactly.But there is no proper security or charge on any assets of the person to whom the bank grants loan.So taking it as the advantage they fly to India as and when the loan is granted.I want to know the Punishment for this kind of acts by the foreign police

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     11 June 2009

What is u r query?

Gopal Krishna Behera (Advocate Orissa High Court Cuttack.)     11 June 2009

The bank will recovery the loan amount in due course of time in due process of law through Debt Recovery Tribunal.

First make your query clear. So that it would be better to reply.

RAGHURAM (CA student)     11 June 2009

my query is that if a person obtains loan(without security) from a foreign country and comes back to india,thereby cheating the foreign bank,what would be the punishment for such a thing?can the foreign police come to india and make investigations here or can they pass orders to the indian police to carryon investigations here?pls do reply.thank u.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     20 February 2010

now it is difficult but can be done by the concerned court.

according to you -  they cheated the foreign bank, and take shelter at india.

the foreign bank may complain to the india govt.,simulteniously they have to put a case in the country where the offence took place. might be that the bank do not know their present whereabouts. even you do not know the name of the banks. Under such circumstances you should inform their names, present address, the offence they did and the nation where offence happened - to the interpol or cbi or home ministry. you will get their net address and other details by searching internet. first get yourself  confirmed that your complain is genuine.

Such people defame our nation. racism increased, victim foreigners, may think that - India is a nation of cheaters. in feture when a genuine student ask for the loan, he will be refused.

mahendrakumar (marketing)     21 February 2010

wont be there be a surety for the loan?If so can't the bank take the money from the surety?

was the question a real one?  Do we have

have an extradiction treaty with uk for such offences?

I am not an expert on these.  However i do have some experience in the field..Based on these i have raise these

questions?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register