Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanya   02 June 2018

What is the procedure of court marriage in delhi if we both are hindu and adults

Hi I and my partner are of age 28 years and both are adult. I live in gurgaon and he is in delhi. We both have decided for marriage but our parents are not in favour. We want to go for court marriage without telling them. Is it possible? And what is the procedure if want to get married within next few days 1 week or 2 weeks. Please suggest.

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Jain   03 June 2018

Yes. you can get married in Delhi.
For such, purposes you'll have to move an Application form duly signed by both husband and wife to SDM in your husband's jurisdiction in Delhi.
Documentary evidence of date of birth of parties (Matriculation Certificate / Passport / Birth Certificate)
Ration card of husband or wife whose area SDM has been approached for the certificate.
Affidavit by both the parties stating place and date of marriage, date of birth, marital status at the time of marriage and nationality.
Two passport size photographs of both the parties and one marriage photograph.
Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act or Special Marriage Act as the case may be.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at isidjain1@gmail.com

Siddharth Jain   03 June 2018

i have stated all the documents which would be required for marriage registration.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register