LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

What is the procedure- In a court

My case is appx 2 years old. I have visited the court as per the dates given by the court for 2 years. Examination of witnesses is yet to start. When I go to the court I found my case number either at 71 or 41 or 37. What is the exact procedures for alloting serial numbers for appearences. Who decides? Is it the judge or the clerk ?

Why my serial number getting stuck at the bottom of the list?

Learning

4 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 July 2011

Better meet the Judge in his chamber.

jeetendra patel (lawyer)     03 July 2011

there is certain procedure to proceed with the matter and for that there are cretain stages provided .depending on the advancement of the stage  the matter sare  listed on priority basis.you better check with your lawyer he will definately satisfy you in this regard.

pratik (self working)     03 July 2011

good point

Shaulabh Shah (advocate)     03 July 2011

Hi...

Generallly, the case number are listed as the year of filling the cases. In that view, as per the business, the court will give the priority to those cases who need urgent hearing. In this matter, court and administration will decide.

Second, thing in your case, you case is ripe for the final hearing. so, you may put you original evidence in the court. Then court may proceed your case as per time of court and your advocate...

Reply by": Shaulabh Shah Advocate......www.shaulabhshah.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register