LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CheatedinMarriage (Employee)     01 February 2010

what is the point of filing a case of cheating, harassment

what is the point of filing a case of cheating, harassment and dowry without filing a divorce?

Learning

8 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 February 2010

wHAT IS THE QUERRY? gIVE DETAILS AND QUERRY.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     01 February 2010

your question is confusing.  What you want.

2 case has been filed against me for cheating and harrassment respectively but my spouse has not filed a divorce?

Makes any sense to anyone

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 February 2010

Cheating etc. are criminal ofences which can be filed even without seeking divorce from spouse.

sorry for not being clear. There is a police case against us after 3 years. So far there is no court case for harassment. What on earth would be the objective for doing thius?

Alok Motan (Advocate)     01 February 2010

She wanted you to file the divorce case ... so that she can prove that you were the only one who never wanted to live together or had harrassed her.........or anything like that.............

She just wants to harrass you or wants alimony from you coz if you will file the divorce case under pressure...you will be put to pay heavey alimony....whereas if she will file the case of divorce she will get not much alimony amount....

what are my options if the police delivers a report that shows there is no evidence of any harassment?

bhupender sharma (head)     06 February 2010

then u may be kept under Colum 2 at the time of filing of the charge sheet as no evidence is found  but so far the other offences are concerned u may be prosecuted. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register