Get Courses and Combos at Upto 50% OFF!
Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     06 August 2011

What is the meaning of 'colly'?

Lawyers use the word 'Colly' in 'Annexure', specially in Writ applications.

What is the meaning of this word?

When is it used?

Does it add special meaning, weight to 'Annexure'?

Learning

10 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     06 August 2011

Colly is the short form for the word collectively. It denotes that there r more than one document in the particular annexure.
1 Like

Advocate Dinesh Rajpurohit ( Advocate)     08 August 2011

i am agree with shri Adv. Doveson, like in Cheque bounce matter there r many cheques and we have to exibite them, we can exibite them like this Exibite 1 Colly. ok ji bye take care ..

With Regards

Adv. Dinesh Rajpurohit

1 Like

leena Sharma (law and law training )     10 August 2011

we lawyers use all the short forms to confuse you:)

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     11 August 2011

Hi Pals Doveson, Dinesh Rajpurohit,......where are you? Are you listening?

Shall we colly exhibit something/s to confuse this buddy?

Advocate Dinesh Rajpurohit ( Advocate)     13 August 2011

as i think i never use colly Exibite for to make cofuse, may neela sharma use it like shee said .

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     13 August 2011

Hi pals, We should colly remove the CON and fuse in objectives, endeavors; do God proud, good to ourselves in the process and be an exhibit that the whole universe could emulate.

leena Sharma (law and law training )     13 August 2011

Hey guys, dont miss  :)  sign. it was a light hearted comment since the replies had already been posted. but good to see so many responses.

and please my name is leena sharma and not neela whatever. :)

dont miss :) sign.

Sh. P Suresh (For To By Green Kindness Perpetuity Selfsustainability Always)     14 August 2011

Hi, we colly don't miss the exhibit that is so musing and not confusing.

Advocate Dinesh Rajpurohit ( Advocate)     15 August 2011

@ Leena ji Sorry it was by mistak i wrote neela.

J K Agrawal (Advocates)     11 November 2019

Welcome to all my friends.

Good comments, Good jocks.

I came across this word (Colly) some time, specially when I get in touch with a file of Delhi based lawyer.

I am surprised that after practice of 30 years in field of law (actually I am still learning The Law), I was not knowing meaning of this word. I search it around 10 minutes on web but finally found it in our beloved club. 

When I was a young advocate, I was taught never to use abbreviations like s/o w/o , pet, def, r/o, ph.  as it was prohibited by law itself. The abbreviations loose its meaning after a long period and really confuses even the advocates like me who having a very poor knowledge of Current English Language.

But now a days it is fashion to use abbreviation more and more. I welcome this new generation and thanks to Neela Ji Shama. ‘ have a Smile’

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register