Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mahesh   04 December 2015

What is the difference between petition and case.

My wife put a petition in a police station. Can police take any action when she puts written petition on my family. Can i apply for anticipatory bail when their is petition on my family in police station or do i need to wait till they put some case on us. 

Please let me know. thanks !


 2 Replies

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     04 December 2015

In matrimonial matters, if your wife filed any complaint (you are calling it petition), the police will call for mediation and try to patch up the differences. If differnces still persist and if your wife insist, then they will lodge FIR.  At that stage, after mediation talks fail, you have to apply for anticipatory bail.  If you won't get it, then later on you should try for regular bail.


Dear Sir/Madam,

Since your case is complicated case as such I require documents and same may be send to my email/PM (personal mail) for detailed legal advise.


With regards,

Legal Expert

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query