Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gajanand (SA)     05 October 2013

What is the court fees to challenge a will ?

Warm Wishes to all experts!!

My father wants to challenge a WILL written by my Late Grand father on the grounds of declaration by grand father in the WILL that my father is not his son and on the grounds of faulty execution of the WILL by my uncles.

Kindly let me know whether court fees and stamp duty need to be paid in such case if suit is filed by one of the son? If yes then how much ? 

Please note that WILL has already been executed. But my father still want to challenge the faulty execution. We only would like to know the court fees and duty if applicable in this case?

Thanks in Advance !

Learning

2 Replies

NRI Legal Consulting (Consultant)     05 October 2013

Dear Sir you have to tell me the total cost of property and share of his one son. For more query contact us query@nrilegalconsulting.com

Gajanand (SA)     05 October 2013

Thanks Sir for your response! My uncle sold the land and house for apx 4.5 Crores. They are 5 brothers and 5 Sisters. Considering that if Will nullifies then equal share will go to all of them so comes out to be 1/10 for my father and if share goes to only 5 brothers then it comes 1/5 for my father. So how much court fees applies here? Because it's a case of inherited property, so do we still need to pay the stamp duty and court fees? Kindly advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register