Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Singhal Vipul   28 December 2020

What is permissible and impermissible on a side terrace?

I have a flat under PMRDA in a co-operative housing society. My flat is at 4th floor. I have a side terrace attached to my flat. Windows of all the flats above my flat open in my side terrace. There are many incidents where different items are being thrown from these windows into my terrace. I am worried about the safety of my family, privacy & hygiene. I want to put shed of translucent fiber sheet on this terrace for the safety, privacy & hygiene. I might need MS column support to hold the fiber sheet. Is it allowed to put shed of translucent fiber sheet for safety, privacy & hygiene? What is permissible and impermissible on a side terrace?

Learning

3 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     28 December 2020

You need written permission from the society and local municipal body to put up a permanent structure in the side terrace of your flat. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 December 2020

You have the right to privacy within your residence. And the neighboring flat owners need to ensure that their wanton acts do not infringe your rights. And the Society needs to use its good offices in maintaining such a healthy atmosphere.

However, is not the proposed construction an overreaction. Certainly, you need to obtain the approval of the Society and the permission from the competent local authority for undertaking such a construction. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 December 2020

Seek necessary permission from local concerned authorities through Managing Committee of the Society and proceed.

It would be better to seek professional services of a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, advise and necessary proceeding 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register