LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legal_seeking_justice (TA)     25 December 2009

What is IPC 506B ?

Can anyone explain IPC 506B and paste its text as well .

Learning

14 Replies

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     26 December 2009

Section 506. Punishment for criminal intimidation

Whoever commits, the offence of criminal intimidation shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine, or with both;

If threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, etc.: -And if the threat be to cause death or grievous hurt, or to cause the destruction of any property by fire, or to cause an offence punishable with death or 1[imprisonment for life], or with imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years, or to impute, unchastity to a woman, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to seven years, or with fine, or with both.
Have u given anyone Dhamki aur Hool that you wil kill Him/Her,
OR
Threatened anyone with regards to detroying their property by burning it down
or
Did u oversmart yourself with a woman? like call her a lesbian or use words against her character and dignity?

prakash vathore ( lawyer)     26 December 2009

good  explaination by miss meenakshi.

Sachin Bhatia (Advocate)     26 December 2009

agree with above experts

legal_seeking_justice (TA)     26 December 2009

Meenakshi,

What you have posted is Section 506. I am confused. What is 506B ? Is it para 2 here? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And just because I am asking does not mean I have done something. I am the complainant and the court has put this. 

Can you suggest some good lawyer in bangalore as well. 

Meenakshi (Lawyer)     26 December 2009

...i Have copy pasted the entire section as per your request...........

Explanation: This means whoever threatens anyone with regards to taking ones life or destroying ones property by burning it down or if u do anythin wrong that is covered by IPC and considered as an offfence....Especially the offences for which life imprisonment or death is granted or even imprisonment for 7 years...

This also includes being disrespectful towards women.........

aatma   27 December 2009

Originally posted by :Meenakshi
"  Section 506. Punishment for criminal intimidation

Did u oversmart yourself with a woman? like call her a lesbian or use words against her character and dignity?

If a woman calls a man as  a s*x addict or use words against his character and dignity, will this same  506(b) section applicable?

or is there any other IPC available for men?

Thanks.

legal_seeking_justice (TA)     27 December 2009

yup, and how about a women calling a man a womanizer without any basis. ? 

subhash kumar (advocate)     28 December 2009

Dear. Meenakshi has explained well, kindly see the message of meenakshi.

Subhash Kumar, adv

legal_seeking_justice (TA)     28 December 2009

Mr Subhash,

Man calling woman something is clear by the explanantion given by Meenakshi ji.

I am not sure if the reverse is the case as well  ? Can yo explain if that is covered by 506(B) as well ? 

With widespread misuse of 498A law women have been using derogatory language against men in thier complaints. Can action be taken against them ?

subhash kumar (advocate)     28 December 2009

Dear, you can file a case under section499/500 ipc for defamation

subhash kumar, adv

adv.sajjad (advocate)     28 December 2009

agree with above expert.

legal_seeking_justice (TA)     28 December 2009

Can anyone suggest a lawyer from bangalore who is willing to take up a case in IPC 499/500 and get me some justice.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     09 January 2010

It is heard that Section 506 Part 2 has been made non bailable? Is it a fact or a rumour by the police personnel? I have not seen in India Gazette that the section has been declared to be a non bailable one. More over has section 354 also been made non bailable?Please inform us.

Abhishek (Business Operations Analyst)     06 January 2011

Hi Meenakshi,

Is there any difference b/w 506 & 506(b)? Can you advice me how one can get justice if any of the above statements were not committed by a person but still a victim of this section? complaint states that a person was threatened with abusive words and dangerous equipments etc... but that was actually a fake complaint since it was having a political background to do the same. There is no proof for the above complaint as well. Can you advise how to get rid of this. Thanks in advance!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register