Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil Tiwari (export executive)     30 September 2012

What is date of transfer for investment in 54ec ltcg bonds?

My aunt sold a vacant plot of land and wishes to invest Rs.50 lakhs in LTCG tax saving bonds of REC & NHAI. She received the token amount of Rs. 5 lakhs on 16th May 2012. An "Agreement for Sale" was entered into on 22nd May 2012, wherein it was mentioned that the balance amount of Rs.90 lakhs will be given to my aunt within 31st July,2012. The "Sale Deed" was finally executed on 25th July 2012. This document was registered with the Sub-Registrar after payment of the necessary stamp duty on the same date, that is, 25th July 2012. The balance amount of money was also received by my aunt around this date. I wish to know what is the actual date of transfer within 6 months of which investment has to be made in 54EC LTCG tax saving bonds to save tax.

Learning

3 Replies

v.n.muralidharan (tax consultant)     30 September 2012

Date of transfer is the date of the sale document.the period of six months should be counted from this date.

V N MURALIDHARAN FCS FCMA

Kapil Tiwari (export executive)     30 September 2012

Mr. Muralidharan, thank you very much. Just for my information, is it the date when the sale deed was signed by both the parties or the date when the sale deed is registered?

v.n.muralidharan (tax consultant)     01 October 2012

It is the date of the sale deed .not the date of registration.

V N MURALIDHARAN

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register