LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is contempt of court?

Page no : 2

Aftab4u (PVT EMPLOYEE)     12 December 2010


if the hon'ble court itself given wrong direction for eg: they have involved in shariat law and  restrained the muslim guy to restrict not perform the second marriage till further orders and again they have extended the dates is it legally valid.  if that guy perfom second marriage what kind of punishment he needs to face pls suggest.

had hon'ble court had contempt the LAW or that guy has done Contempt of Court.



J R Makwana (Applicant)     26 December 2010

Where to file petition for Civil Contempt of subordinate court's Order. To concerned court or to High Court. Which court issues notice and takes up hearing.

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     06 January 2011

Only High Courts and Supreme Court can entertain the Contempt Application, other sub-ordinate courts are ineligible to entertain the applications.

J R Makwana (Applicant)     07 January 2011

It means petition for contempt of civil court order need to be filed before concerned High Court. OR to the court which passed the order and that court sends reference to concerned High Court. 

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     08 January 2011

You have to file and execution petition before the Court which had passed the orders and also to make an application before the Hon'ble High Court to which the Sub-ordinate court is working.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register