LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok Tholiya (self employed)     30 July 2011

What is a legal remedy

One of my tenant in Mumbai had given in writing on oath to election officer that he doesnot have his name enrolled in any other place in India. Based on this affidavit (on plain paper but duly signed) the officer did not delete his name. Thru internet and finally I obtained  certified copy  from other state where his name was already enrolled. So his lies and false statenment before govt official were nailed by me. With these documents is it possible to ask any govt agency / police / court to take any action aginst him for knowingly giving false statement on oath with ulterior moteive to mislead and get some documents made to fabricate proof to help in civil  court .

Alok Tholiya

tholiya@hotmail.com

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Amit Anandrao Mahadeshwar (ADVOCATE)     30 July 2011

Dear Alok,

Presuming the correctness of the facts stated by you, in my opinion in order to proceed against him you will have to obtain the certified copies of the affidavit made before the concerned Election Officer. Thereafter you may file a case / complaint against such person for making fasle statement on, which is punishable under Indian Penal Code, 1860.

However, for concrete opinion the releveant papers have to be perused and some more information is required.

Regards,

Adv.Amit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register