LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tanush Shetty (Student)     11 November 2021

What if lawyer commits a crime? (SPP)

One of the Lokayukta's SPP of Dakshina Kannada was accused of s*xual harassment and attempt to rape! the victim used to work under him, as an intern! He being in a higher position and having influence how could this case been taken forward! Like FIR has been filed and it's over 20 days still he is absconding! what other steps should be taken?


 6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     11 November 2021



FIR is already registered so action is being taken against him. 

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 November 2021

20 days is nothing, let the polce make their efforts in tracing SPP of Lokayukt.  Wait for 30 days and file RTI Application and seek information under RTI on progress and status of complaint in FIR No...  Wait for another 30 days and personally meet SP and also make a complaint to Womens' commission.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 November 2021

Admittedly, FIR has been lodged. If undue dealy or laxity on the part of the investigating agency, High Court could be approached in a Writ Petition.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 November 2021

No one including LAWYER is above law of land.

The victim has already put the law into motion, which will surely take time to proceed as per specified procedure.

What is your interest/ concern / problem  /locus qua the facts vis-a-vis query, if it is not a "TIME PASS" question ?

1 Like

Tanush Shetty (Student)     21 November 2021

it's not at all time pass question! Dr J C Vashista, there are many things that have made me post that question! We can see negligence, rudeness of department and many things! so I wanted to know what else or who should we contact so that the work will be done without any 2nd thought!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 November 2021

you have nto even disclosed what is you concerned in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register