LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Samar Kaushal   22 May 2023

What happens after lien is paid to bank

My bank account was marked on lien by cyber crime cell and showed a negative balance of 5000.

The payment had been made on my business gateway where a person had called an said he made a transaction by mistake and wanted a refund. Infact we even refunded the person and later came to know he did a fraud on our account.

I paid the lien amount on my bank and balance changed from minus 5000 to 0

I want to know whether the bank will send a notification to cyber crime about lien paid and will the cyber cell automatically remove the no debit from my bank? 

How many days is the process

I have also written an email to concerned cyber cell with information of person who made fraudent charge.

Kindly advice 

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 May 2023

What is the context of "lien" created by Cyber Crime Cell " i.e., why "lien" of the CCC ?

Samar Kaushal   23 May 2023

As mentioned there was a fraudently done transaction by someone for 5000 rs on our gateway after which our bank got an order to lien mark the amount on our account, and the account showed a - 5000 figure. We have promptly cleared the lien and also sent the information of the person who made the transaction. (IP details, name, payment mode, phone number used) to cyber cell 

Our account however still shows a no debit instruction. So i want to know if the bank informs the Cyber cell separately that the lien is cleared and does the account get normalised itself or do i have to request for a release.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 May 2023

You may have to follow up the matter personally with your bankers and also write to cyber claim about this with an explanation that you were no where involved in such issues and request them to remove your name from the list.

islam lover   15 September 2023

My acc has lien of 2.5L as I want to clear the line but I am afraid that shoul cyber crime close my case if I pay my lien amount

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 September 2023

Originally posted by : islam lover

My acc has lien of 2.5L as I want to clear the line but I am afraid that shoul cyber crime close my case if I pay my lien amount

open yur own thread

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register