Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suresh AV (NA)     26 April 2020

What does it mean by nlpa notice in supreme court?

Hello Learned Lawyers & Experts

Parents had filed SLP under A 136 in SC to Quash the DV aginst them; in SC they are the only petitioners and not the husband. couple of months back; My matter got admitted for detailed hearing after waiting for many years.

After my matter admitted within a week;  in SC case status I observed that "NLPA" notice issued to the opposite parties. i.e 1) My knife, 2) her private lawyers, 3) State lawyer 4) State Gov. Protection Office 5) SC Registrar etc

I need your help understand the meaning of NLPA, what does it do / process and its implication ?

Thanks for your help in advance 

Suresh

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 April 2020

How does "My knife" "Govt. Protection Officer" and "Registrar" are involved in the special leave petition allowed and leave granted by Supreme Court to be taken up as criminal appeal ?

Some material facts is missing from your post.

Suresh AV (NA)     27 April 2020

Learned Dr JC Vashista,

Thanks fory your reply. Really appreciate. 

1. In my orginial query/questions I had tried give you the brief of the case as much as I could so I believe no material facts have been omitted intentionally
  2. When you file SLP (Criminal) under  A 136 ; Notice is issued against Complainant & State - this is regarding admisiblity of matter only
  3. However in my case matter has been admitted / leave has been granted to hear the matter. 
  4. In my matter SC had asked mediation which got failed and then SC admitted our matter to hear us in detail. only after leave has been granted with in a week notice has been issued under header "NLPA" - this notice of NLPA was issued to complainat, complaiantn's private lawywer, State Protection officer, SC Registrar and state public prosecution lawyer

Thanks

Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista
How does "My knife" "Govt. Protection Officer" and "Registrar" are involved in the special leave petition allowed and leave granted by Supreme Court to be taken up as criminal appeal ?

Some material facts is missing from your post.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 April 2020

Yes, ther appears to be some misunderstanding. Have you verified the information posted in the e-Court?

Suresh AV (NA)     27 April 2020

Yes I has checked & learned about NLPA notice status from SC website

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register