Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

robin (mba)     16 October 2012

What documents are required to get a succession certificate?

what documents are needed to get a succession certificate or legal heir certificate?
can voter id can be produced for relation proof?
what documents are necessary to show the relation proof(means father's name /mother's name proof)?
is voter id can be a proof? 

Learning

8 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     17 October 2012

Following documents are required for applying succession certificate:

Death certificate

Idendity Card of all the legal heirs (Pan Card).

Ration card of all the legal heirs.

Prescribed application form by affixing a courtfee stamp.

The purpose for which the certificate is applied for should be mentioned in the application.

You may call on 9324538481 for legal assistance.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

robin (mba)     17 October 2012

for relationship proof will passport be a proof?

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     17 October 2012

yes it would do.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Bharat (Engineer)     20 October 2012

Sir,

1. Once we apply for it, how long will it take to obtain the succession certificate from the court?

2. Is there any time limit (from the date of death of Principal) within which I have to apply for succession certificate or we can apply for it when the need arises?

3. Is ration card mandatory, or can only the Passport be produced?

4. What would be the court fee for obtaining this certificate?

Please advice.

AYAN (WEB DEVOLOPER)     21 October 2012

passport is an identity proof(photo id with signature),residencial address proof(address is written) and as well as relationship proof(in passport father's/mother's name written).there are also police verification occurs before giving the passport.so it is an admisseble proof.  if passport is shown then there is no need for any other document.

AYAN (WEB DEVOLOPER)     21 October 2012

if you show the ration card then you have to produce pan card or voter id card also.

ration card =relationship proof

pan card/voter id=identity proof

but if you produce passport then no other document is required.

passport is an identity proof(photo id with signature),residencial address proof(address is written) and as well as relationship proof(in passport father's/mother's name written).there are also police verification occurs before giving the passport.so it is an admisseble proof.

atleast one month it will take to get succession certificate.

there is no applying time limit.

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     25 October 2012

yes legal heirs need to apply for succession certificate within 3 years from the date of death of the family member.

further, it usually takes 6 months to obtain sucession certificate from the date of application, subject to there is no objection raised by anyone.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

sunita kali (no)     22 June 2013

hello sir my questions is for successtin certificate. in my familly 4 perosn .1 ) my mother age 62

2) my brother 35 

3) me my self age 32

and 4) my elder brother son  age 13

actually matter is my elder brother is die.on 2005. he was mukam from MCGM.brother wedding dated 2001.and brother have 1 son.

my brother wife is left the our home on 2002.still they not come at our home. after my brother death they want my brother job. but i wish to give my brother job to my brother son.he is minor.brother son age is 13 years

after send all paper work to MCGM.

MCGM said both party want job. so they want succession certificate. who real waras to my brother.

so as per your knowedge. if we put file for sucession certificate

what result has come for this case?

brother son don't know who's his real mother. they said my mother is his real mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register