LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     04 August 2013

What countercase can be filed if a fact is hidden from court

hi, i want to know, what kind of counter case can be filed against the opposite party (wife) if she wilfully hides facts from a court in DV or divorce cases? in my case, i had taken my wife to the womens cell as she was harrassing and threatening me with false cases. i was harrassed to no end. hence i filed an application with the womens assistance cell to counsell my wife and ask her problems, and she was constantly running away from home in the womens cell, she never gave any statements of harrassments by parents. no harrassment for dowry and mental cruelty. after two days she gives a written letter to the local police station stating harrassment for dowry, mental torture. throwing away from the house and endless allegations. and went away. it was a written application. but the police never called me to the police station. nor filed any FIR. now after one year she filed DV case from her hometown. in the DV case she has wilfully hidden the fact that i had taken her to the womens cell of police, she gave the statement to the cell..she has hidden all these facts in the DV petition. i want to know, can i file a counter case against her for hiding facts from the court....... thanks


 4 Replies

498A__misused (Sec)     04 August 2013

No man , She will say you bribed police during her visit to Women Cell ..or she was so stressed that she wrote what ever you told her ...etc etc ......or some kind of story ...

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 August 2013

fight on merit

1 Like

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     04 August 2013

 yes u can file counter complaint in court under sec 340 of crpc, for giving false evidence in the court, by your wife, the court will investiage if it falls under the ambit of sec 195 IPC,the court will take cognisance of that.

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 August 2013

counter to the allegations made on merit with evidences if any also will prove 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register