LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mansi Samant   12 September 2020

What can be done about this?

My father against whom there's a domestic violence case(from my mother) going on lives seperately on the first floor of the house.He brings ladies and strangers on the 1st floor.Also one relative lives on 1st floor lives in hiding there.The property is co-owned by my mother and father.we pay the bills so how to keep these people out of the house?

 3 Replies


Keep a Watchman with Register  to  record details of visitors  & stop strangers from  entering your premises ;  put a sign board at the entrance that this is a private property and entry of strangers is strictly restricted and trespassers will be prosecuted. Complain to the police if anyone trespasses.

seniorcitizen (i/c)     13 September 2020

If your father has legal right to reside on the first floor of the house, you can not restrain his guests from visiting him unless you are harassed in anyway by the guests. In case of harassment you may contact the local police authorities for protection. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2020

May be, your father may have his own version. There is no scope for a remedy unless there is violation of any law on the part of your father or his 'guests'.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query