Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muniyaraj K   26 April 2023

What are the important things to be checked while receiving a fir copy?

i filed a complaint in policestation, the original FIR has been signed by the police officier. I received a black and white photocopy of the same FIR. Should I ask for seal and signature on top of photocopy too. or it is legal to accept as is.

Learning

5 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2023

You can ask the writer or sub inspector to sign it with seal

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 April 2023

What is your locus standi regarding FIR ?

Original copy shall be filed with area Magistrate only, none else shall get signed / stamped copy of FIR.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 April 2023

There is no problem in accepting the photocopy. Why is it that you require an authenticated copy?

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 April 2023

The complainant has the right to legally get a free copy of the FIR from the police. Only after the registration of an FIR, or First Investigation Report, can the police begin their investigations into a crime.

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     30 April 2023

Dear Querist

Photocopy of FIR is sufficient. Check for provisions of offences under which FIR is registered.

There are other laws to be taken care of by the complainant to protect his rights in a criminal case depending on provisions of offences under which FIR is registered.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
WhatsApp No. 9968911099

https://mohitchahaladvocate.business.site

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register