Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kalpana.S (-)     20 February 2009

What are the facilities available for a Poor People to file case?

What are the facilities available for a Poor People to file case?



 4 Replies

Tribhuwan Pandey (Advocate)     20 February 2009

In every court there is a panel of lawyers 'amicus curie'. A person who is helpless and cannot afford lawyer to conduct his case may get the help of the amicus curie. Simply to file an application before the court and the court may appoint the amicus curie for him.

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     20 February 2009

 In order to file or defend any proceeding in court, a person whose annual income does not exceeds Rs.50000'/ (Fifty thousand) is eligible to get free legal aid through District or Taluka Legal Services Authority. Benefits under order XXXIII of Civil procedure Code may also be availed by economically weakers to file or defend any civil proceeding in court. However, prior to it he has to file application seeking permission of the same to do so.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     20 February 2009

I concur with Prakashji.


PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     20 February 2009

Legal aid and amicus curie both are available

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register