Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul (non)     06 July 2011

What are the advantages of registration of marriage?

Hi,

What are the advantages of registration of marriage?

can the expert list all the advantages of registering the marriage

Thanks

Learning

10 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     06 July 2011

disadvantages are more than advantages.

2 Like

**Victim** (job)     06 July 2011

ha ha ha.....truely said.......@ Rahul go through all of us stories we all regret after registering marriage ......our miserable wifes have filed fake dowry cases, fake maintenance cases, fake domestic violence cases, fake arrest warrant, fake extradition, fake torture, property seizure and all...........lot of things can be misused after marriage registration.....if u don't believe us go and register ur marriage......my best wishes are with u..........(aap shaadi ka ladoo kha hi lo)  ;)

@YOUR ADVOCATE  and

@Victim

Thanks for the reply.

But I really need to know the advantages of registering the marriage ?

plz advise

legal eagle (lawyer)     06 July 2011

well i know 1 not all. 

incase u want to go abroad , and take ur wife with u then the legal proof of marriage is helpful for obtaining visa

if she has documents in her maiden name, then also marriage certificate is useful.

it will be the proof of residence also.

@ Rahul u can register ur marriage only if u and ur wife have plans to settle abroad.....besides that i really don't knw if u need marriage registration for "Rashan Card" or "Voting ID" or "Joint Bank Account" there are lot of things which u wanna consider after registering ur marriage.....if u have plans to settle abroad then i suggest get ur marriage registered outside india coz any marriage registration in india has lot of complications in case if there are future fights between husband and wife......not to discourage u but this jst an extra precaution u want to think in case if u r getting ur marriage registered in india.....Trust me it will hardly take few seconds to sign tht marriage memorandum but it's impact are destructive..........likewise i said not everybody goes through what we have gone through........my best wishes are still with u

@ Rahul i have also heard that Govt. Of India has came up with the requirement that no matter even though u get married according to hindu rituals u still have to register ur marriage in court..........i am not sure if it's implemented across all states but State of Gujarat has this requirement compulsory.

Thank Victim

What about Maharashtra is it compulsory to register it under "Mumbai marriage registration act 1954"?

and I am thinking to settle in India !

Originally posted by :Victim
"
@ Rahul i have also heard that Govt. Of India has came up with the requirement that no matter even though u get married according to hindu rituals u still have to register ur marriage in court..........i am not sure if it's implemented across all states but State of Gujarat has this requirement compulsory.
"

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 July 2011

@ Author

While disagreeing to starting lighter side replies given above I have my say and it is;

Registration used to be more common among affluent Hindus for reasons of succession to property and so on, and in the case of remarriage after the death of a spouse or divorce. Courts, of course, do issue a certificate of divorce, and most educated families want this evidence in case of a second marriage.

2. Where the marriage certificate does help is in the case of a husband working and living overseas on a work permit or long-term residence visa and wants the wife to join him. No foreign embassy or consulate grants visa to a spouse without proof in the form a marriage certificate.

3. In cases of divorce, legal separation, alimony, or custody of children, courts may insist on seeing the marriage certificate.

4. A Marriage Certificate is the proof of registration of a marriage. The need for a Marriage Certificate arises in case you need to prove that you are legally married to someone, for purposes like obtaining a passport, changing your maiden name, etc.

Rahul (non)     08 July 2011

Your Advocate

Legal  Eagle

Victim

Tajobsindia

Thanks for the reply and advise

Rahul

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 July 2011

If u can go Abroad in that time marriage registration is necessary and other many  advantages.  Marriage Registration is compulsory in Gujarat and i think it's necessary. U registration then u know advantages.   

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register