LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Helpme   03 March 2018

What action can be taken

Dear Sir, This is a case of a Muslim family. An agricultural land of 14 acres was gifted to two sisters by their parents at the time of their marriage. Both were given 7 acres of land each.

After the death of both the sisters, Elder sister's children did mutation of their 7 acres of land and the younger sister's children did not done.

After some years, the remaining 7 acres land was also got mutated in revenue records in the Elder sisters children without the knowledge of younger sister's children, as the Elder sister's children are residing locally. The wrongly mutated land was later sold out by them to third party.

The younger sister's children came to know about this sale when they got the document under RTI Act recently after their return from foreign country. Two decades have passed after they sold out the property of 7 acres.

Now my question is::

1) Who is held responsible for this mutation. Is the Revenue authority or the Elder sister's children?

2) The younger sister's children made a criminal case against the Elder sister's children to recover the same. Is it a valid complaint to get back the 7 acres.

3) Can this sale of 7 acres by Elder sister's children is valid in the absence of Actual owners. I mean younger sister's children?

4) To get the land back what action should be taken and against whom? I mean seller or buyer.

kindly give valuable advice.

warm regards

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register