Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wedding called off, legal implications

Page no : 2

vipra (enginer)     10 February 2009

I wanted to ask one more;  After engagement, if the couples find uncomfortable with eachother or if one finds a major problem with other, still they want to get marry, because of our culture.

The time is frame between the engagement and marriage has got many reasons 1)  preparation for marriage 2) Understanding eachother whether they can live with love and respect. 

In my relative circles, this incident has never happened to anyone. I have thought i can break engagement. She made me to think. she made me to approach lawyers, how to get rid of hers. kids should be upbringed with love, not by showing the richess. Hence her father and family is suffering now. In mahabharatham, how dhirutharhastrar suffered by losing dhuriodhan

i am advicing all friends; Be very very careful in selecting their partner, as some girls are very very dangerous, they can poison the life.  Whoever reading this convey, to their nears and dears to takecare in selecting their partner.

I was proud, that i can live with any kind of girl. But god has taught me, that i am wrong.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     10 February 2009

I dont know what is the cultural back ground of the girl. May be that they are orthodox hence didnt find it proper to give miscalls also to you.  I know several families who are so orthodox. Hence, I am not willing to draw any inference either against you or the girl. What I feel is that the matter should be given a quietus through negotiations.

vipra (enginer)     11 February 2009

No sir.

She is well educated. But her bought up is very very bad, she doesnt know to respect others. In my life, i have not seen a girl like that, if i have seen i would have been cautious 

I agree in this forums, mostly womens are getting effected because of partner's greed. 

But please also note, in both the gender, evils are present. 

Money is only to live happy life, that has to come from our own hard work, then we can taste that. If it come from your fatherinlaw, what charm is there!!!   

vipra (enginer)     15 February 2009

Dear Rajesh & Palnitkar

Now, girl father is sending repeated mail stating that i need to fully repay the engagement expenses. Though i broked the marriage; reason was because of her physic behaviour, they made me to spend flight charges and spend 1 month in india, which was unpaid leave, for this engagement.

Please advice Should i repay fully or half of the engagement expenses??

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     15 February 2009

Well this is a demand of money. Keep these communication. If there is any threat associated with this demand that if this is not paid they will do something, it amounts to extortion.

If prima facie case of extrotion is made out, you can take appropriate criminal action.

vipra (enginer)     15 February 2009

Rajesh Ji

Thanks. But all the communication are in "Email". Will Email communication will be acceptable in court.

Now girl father says, I dont know how to attract a female and fold her. He says that's why her daughter didnt like that much. hence he is claiming for money.

You will not believe; I mentioned about physic behaviour. The truth is; Every full moon day and no moon day, she elevates to excited mode and talks nonstopingly and behaves rudely.

We crosschecked her horoscope throughly (this is after engagement and break up); Now astrologers are confirming that she will have this problem, because moon is hiding in her horoscope, but unforuntaly, before engagement we cross checked with only one astrologer, he didnt point this. What a bad time i have !!!

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     15 February 2009

The email, coupled with your statement is a perfectly valid evidence.

And, this horoscope thing- even if you believe in it, dont base your arguments on these- it will weaken your arguments.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register